University of Maryland University College, College Park, MD. 2000 - 2002.
College of Southern Maryland, POBox #910, Mitchell Road, La Plata, MD. 1999 - 2000.
- Recipient of Teacher Excellence Award from the Women On Campus Forum
- Provided instruction in Global Environmental Science through internet and web-based distance education
- Promoted the Environmental Science & Technology Associates and Certificate Programs and developed targeted curriculum with input from local professionals
- Provided face-to-face and distance education to a diverse student community including adults and military personnel at University College
- Program offerings including Environmental Science, Botany, Environmental Soils, Environmental Monitoring and Environmental Law
- Produced five online undergraduate courses at www.coastalzone.com\webcourse\courses.htm.
- Furnished ~62 hours of instruction, including full responsibility for syllabus, laboratory, field exercises, tutorials, web pages, lecture notes and presentations, exams, grading, and student advisement.
- Assisted students with course selection, provided advisement and mentored students in the program
- Assisted the Department Chair with college activities such as Earth Day and various community events.
- Full responsibility for the development of syllabi, lectures, course notes, presentations, laboratory and field exercises, exams and grading, as well as student advising.