CRC Reef Research Centre, Townsville, Australia. 1994 – 1995.
Provided research results that assisted marine park managers with designing ecologically sustainable tourism activities and a means of evaluating alternative mooring and coastal zone management strategies.
- Consulted with eco-tourism operators to develop sustainable activities and mooring management strategies at high use SCUBA diving and snorkeling sites in the Whitsunday Islands, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Australia.
- Designed, developed, and tested a new method of environmental monitoring using time lapse video photography to establish patterns of visitor and vessel use at remote locations within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Australia.
- Authored grant proposal, provided status and technical reports, tracked budgets, designed equipment and sampling methods, performed statistical analysis, and managed all phases of the project.
- Held interactive discussions, public presentations, and published a 100 page technical report.
- Presented results to the GBRMP Authority and the Australian Institute of Marine Science.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.